About Me

My photo
Middle of the US, IN
I am an artist in my early(yikes)50’s

Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Country Mouse goes to the Big City


Greetings from Atlanta GA
My old hometown.
After living in Michigan for the past 17 years (yes that is 17- and no, I can't believe it either)
I have come to the conclusion, that while my heart is in MI,(along with my life, my husband,etc.)
I can't shake the feeling that Georgia is home.

We, my brother and I, as kids lived in the north. Ill, MI and back again, until 1980ish when my family moved to Georgia. I went to middle school here and all of H.S. Then moved to Chicago in my very early 20's. Back again to go to tech school,get married,divorced, then moved to something completely different from all I had know, a small town in Northern MI. I fell in love immediately, with the town and a few years later with the man I should have married in the first place.
That is my history.
While I have moved around, my brother, has stayed put in Georgia. Head down, he worked for 17 years for a company only to recently move on to greener pastures. he bought a home and seems to live a very comfortable life with his girlfriend (I call her my sister- in-law, cuz she might as well be, they have been together a LONG time. And frankly, it is just easier)

So, why am I babbling on? 
Well first off, I wanted to give a shout out to the very best brother in the world.
Travis Bish
& Katey
For inviting me into their home, making me very comfortable, and allowing me to have a crazy, fun and very relaxing time with family and friends I don't see very often.

Secondly,while Georgia has the green foliage and the warmer weather(most certainly), it also has major traffic, lots of people, and a buzz that I find very appealing at the same time most frustrating.
I spent my young adulthood here evoking friendships and starting to learn what I am really about.

I'm now in my mid 40's(geez-gulp!) and I know kinda, who I am and what I am all about. 
While I have stayed in my little town in Michigan, Georgia has GROWN, and I mean by a lot.
I don't know how to get around anymore. Thank goodness for my waze app(a free app for my cell-very cool), or I would be totally lost!!!

I guess what I am saying, is that while there are fun things to do here, and I have loved hanging out with my family, friends and sharing some very special time, you can't go home again.

Thank you, for everything...
Jennifer Nash
Jared Herbst
Shannon Mac Cowan
Andrea Busse and Family


No comments: