About Me

My photo
Middle of the US, IN
I am an artist in my early(yikes)50’s

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Oscars




Sunday Night, I Spent a very enjoyable evening watching the Oscars , with my good friend Carol. She, like me, is a real movie buff. Sadly, I had not seen many of the movies nominated for Best Picture. The exception being, BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN . Which in my opinion should have won. However, as stated, I had only seen 1 out of the 5.

This year, the men were dashing in tuxes, and the dresses were lovely. I didn't see any I thought were downright tasteless. (with a possible exception going to Naomi Watts in a dress that looked like a shredded bridal gown)


Hats off to John Stewart who did an adermirable job as host. Overall it was a fantastic show. I didn't see near the stage crew that I did last year, and if it weren't for the win of "It's hard out there for a pimp" complete with a performance of the song (a show stopper to say the least-the very least) the whole show would have been a triumph!

I use to have Oscar parties but no one ever showed up so I quit. I would print off all the nominees from the internet and have a real festive environment. I really got excited over the whole thing. I looked forward to them every year. I guess I still do. There is just something about the people we consider icons getting dressed up and celebrating their accomplishments while sharing it with us the lay people....As a little girl I dreamed of being a recipient.

No comments: